Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week Three of NaPoMo: And the Winners Are...

I talked about my plans for National Poetry Month at Wild Rose Reader in an earlier post. One thing I will be doing is giving away children’s poetry books to blog visitors who leave comments at my posts during the month of April. Here’s the schedule for the next two children’s poetry book drawings:

Sunday, April 27th: For comments left at posts dated April 20th-26th
Thursday, May 1st: For comments left at posts dated April 27th-30th

And Today's Winners Are...

Cloudscome of A Wrung Sponge, Laura Salas of Writing the World for Kids, and Tricia Stohr-Hunt of The Miss Rumphius Effect. (Cloudscome won Twist: Yoga Poems in last Sunday’s drawing. I think she’s having a lucky streak.)

Cloudscome won Song of the Water Boatman & Other Pond Poems


Laura won Butterfly Eyes and Other Secrets of the Meadow



Tricia won All by Herself: 14 Girls Who Made a Difference



NOTE: The winners need not email me their addresses. They've won prizes from Wild Rose Reader in the past. I know where they live!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Elaine! I feel guilty winning prizes for reading Wild Rose Reader, since it's one of my very favorite blogs:>)

Tricia said...

Hurray! I don't feel guilty in the least, since I don't own this book. Thanks, Elaine, for your generosity!

Jan said...

Hi Elaine, I just stumbled upon your site after clicking on cloudscome's link at readwritepoem, where i have been participating in the 30-poems-in-30-days challenge. it certainly IS a challenge, to find the momentum and emotional/mental energy to come up with 'decent' poems on a daily basis! I will be checking back here since this is my first visit; your site looks quite interesting! take care...jan

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jan,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Last year, I posted an original poem every day during April. It certainly WAS a challenge. Although I'm posting original poems during National Poetry Month this year, I wanted to do a few other things--like interview children's poets, write reviews of children's poetry books, etc. I thought it would be too difficult to do that and post a poem-a-day.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

No Way!! You are too fabulous!! Your site is a gift in itself and you are showering us with prizes too? I really am on a streak.

gail said...

Yea to the winners! I've been good at reading, but not so good at posting. I'm going to try to keep up. You can't win if you don't play! Thanks for stopping by, and commenting :), at my place Elaine.

gail