Saturday, April 12, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride: A Original Poem

Here is a poem I wrote for Laura Purdie Salas’s 15 Words or Less Poems this week. As you can see I got carried away when I was writing the roller coaster poem, which was inspired by the picture Laura had posted. Click here to see the picture Laura took at the Mall of America and to read the poems written by bloggers who DO know how to follow directions!


Roller Coaster Ride
By Elaine Magliaro

A slow rumbling ride to the top
of the peak…
a plunge to the valley.
I’m breathless,
can’t speak.
My heart’s racing
in track shoes.
I’m holding on tight.
My stomach is churning.
My knuckles go white.
Gravity grabs me.
I chew on my lip.
I sure hope I’m alive
at the end of this trip!



Laura, thanks for making an exception for me this week!

No comments: