Saturday, April 26, 2008

Recap of the Fourth Week of National Poetry Month at Wild Rose Reader

WIN A CHILDREN’S POETRY BOOK!!!

REMINDER: Leave a comment at any one of my posts at Wild Rose Reader dated April 20th through April 26th and I will include your name in a drawing to win a children’s poetry book. The drawing will take place tomorrow, April 27, 2008. I have three poetry books as prizes. If you leave a comment at Wild Rose Reader this week, you may win one of the following poetry books:


Oh, Grow Up! Poems to Help You Survive Parents, Chores, School and Other Afflictions
by Florence Parry Heide & Roxanne Heide Pierce

Moon, Have You Met My Mother? by Karla Kuskin

Big Talk: Poems for Four Voices by Paul Fleischman


Recap of the Fourth Week of National Poetry Month at Wild Rose Reader

April 20--Ring/Drum/Blanket Poems Redux
April 21--Crocheting: An Original Poem
April 22--A Poem of Apology
April 23--Colorful Poetry
April 24--Two Metaphor Poems
April 25--Stella, Unleashed: Poetry Book Review
April 26--I Am Looking for a Poem About…#3


Elsewhere in the Kidlitosphere

Poetry in the Classroom at The Miss Rumphius Effect
Sunday:
Books and Reading
Monday: Colorful Poetry
Tuesday: Where in the Wild?
Wednesday: Between Cultures: Part 1
Thursday: Between Cultures: Part 2
Friday: Fold and Bend
Saturday: Counting Books and Poetry

Bloggers Who Are Posting Original Poems Every Day during National Poetry Month
Cloudscome at A Wrung Sponge
Gregory K. at GottaBook
Jone (aka MsMac) at Deo Writer

Bloggers Who Are Posting Student Poems
At Check It Out: White Is Wednesday Full of Poems and Poem Postcard, Anyone?
At A Year of Reading: Simile and Metaphor Poems

Bloggers Blogging about Poetry School Visits
Kelly
at Writing and Ruminating: Poetry school visits--A National Poetry Month post
Liz at Liz in Ink: Lying through our teeth at school
******************************
*Edited to Add
Blogger Interview with a Children's Poet
Linda Kulp has a fine Interview with Bobbi Katz at her blog Write Time

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow! There was a lot of great stuff this week. Thanks so much for recapping. I don't know about you, but this posting every day has worn me out! I thought writing book reviews would be easier than writing a poem a day, but they to have taken on a life of their own and they are long!

I have enjoyed it, but am looking forward to just a teeny bit of a blog break.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Tricia,

I know how you feel. I decided not to commit myself to posting an original poem every day during the month of April this year. I find, however, that writing up some of my other posts can take as much time as writing a poem--some take even longer.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for recapping. It has been a challenge to keep up eith 30 days=40 poems this year. I think I am spent from writing for the national boards.

Patrick A. Allen said...

National Poetry Month. Imagine if we took this same passion and used it throughout the year!

Thanks for all the great text and ideas!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jone,

It's hard blogging every day, isn't it? I have to ignore other things I should set my mind to doing--like cleaning out my closets.


Coloreader,

I agree. I wish more people would share and write poetry with children throughout the year.