Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Poems of Apology

Those of you who read my Interview with Joyce Sidman may remember that Joyce and I invited people to write poems of apology as Joyce did for her award-winning collection of poems This Is Just to Say: Poems of Apology and Forgiveness. I even posted a second invitation to blog readers.


Gregory K. of GottaBook took the poem of apology challenge and whipped up an original for us.

A Poem of Apology
By Gergory K. Pincus


I am so sorry I told you

There was no more chocolate

When you asked

So sweetly.

There was one piece,

Dark and rich

Filled with chocolate creme.

Your favorite.

My favorite, too

With a cup of coffee and quiet.

I'm sorry I lied...

But it was delicious.


Now...go get thee to a candy store!!!

******************************


Jone of Check It Out has an original apology poem entitled A Poem Regarding My Absence at a Book Challenge Hearing.

Jone also posted some of the Apology Poems her students wrote.

Check out Poetry Stretch Results--Poems of Apology at The Miss Rumphius Effect.

Cloudscome wrote a poem of apology for a librarian.

Edited to Add on April 30, 2008:
Tricia posted her Food Poem of Apology
at The Miss Rumphius Effect.

4 comments:

Jone said...

I love Greg's poem. Chocolate is such a great muse.

Greg Pincus said...

mmmm. chocolate.

that's all I've got to add :-)

Tricia said...

Hi Elaine,
I combined this week's poetry stretch with a poem of apology. You can find it here.
Food Poem of Apology - Uneaten Ears

Jules at 7-Imp said...

I love reading the poems of Jone's students. Thanks for the reminder to go over there and catch up a bit.

And Gregory's "with a cup of coffee and quiet" -- I LOVE THAT.

Jules, 7-Imp