Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two Puddle Poems & Some Poetry for Spring


I’m certainly hoping that April showers will bring May flowers. We’ve had so much rain here lately I’m keeping my fingers crossed it's nature's way of telling me that I’ll be seeing a bounty of blossoms blooming around here next month.

But…what would spring be without rain showers? I loved to stomp in puddles when I was little. Here are two of my original spring puddle poems for you today—as well as a list of links to some of my previous posts about poetry for spring.

PUDDLE MUDDLE

I’m in the middle of a puddle…
in the middle…
in a muddle.
The puddle’s much too deep.
It spilled
into my boots.
Now they’re filled
with muddy water
to the brim.
I hope my feet
know how to swim!



GOING UP!

I’m stomping in a puddle,
Making drops of water fly.
I’m
Splashing them
Splashing them
Splashing them SO high.
I’m sending the raindrops
Back into the sky!


More Spring Poetry

6 comments:

Tricia said...

I love spring poetry. It's so hopeful! And I too love jumping in puddles, though I must say (and I'm going to sound like an old mother hen here), when I was kid we actually had attire for this sort of fun--rain boots, slickers, hats! Getting dressed for the occasion was part of the fun.

Thanks for the spring cheer and reminder of all of the great spring poetry.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Tricia,

I'm so old I remember wearing rubbers over my shoes when I was young. That "r" word today has a much different meaning for most people.

Linda said...

Elaine, I love the line "I hope my feet know how to swim." So much fun!

Speaking of the "r" word, it was in a story my eighth graders read a few months ago. When a student asked me why someone who put them over their shoes, I couldn't help but laugh. Teaching is never dull!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Linda. I was hoping people would like the ending of that poem.

nnalorac said...

Love your puddle poems. Hope you don't mind used one in a card I made my granddaughter. She loves puddles and her presious wellies.
carol

Anonymous said...

Oh! What a great post! Thanks for ur hard job ist, i'd like to introduce my UGG Boots for u, I'm the new one selling the Cheap UGG Boots, please follow the link if you need UGGs, hope this wont trouble u much!