Monday, April 6, 2009

A Prehistoric Poetry Prize!


Here’s the scoop for those of you who would like to know what children’s poetry book I’ll be giving away as a prize for the second week of National Poetry Month at Wild Rose Reader. This is the book!
DINOTHESAURUS: Prehistoric Poems and Paintings
Written & illustrated by
Douglas Florian
Atheneum, 2009

Here are links to some of the “prehistoric” poems you’ll find in Dinothesaurus. Once you read the following poems, I know you'll want to have a chance at winning Florian’s latest poetry collection. All you have to do to be eligible for next Sunday’s drawing is to leave a comment at one of my Wild Rose Reader posts dated April 5-11!
Here's a post about the book I’ll be giving away as a prize at Political Verses: The World's Greatest: A Poetry Prize.
***************
Edited to Add: Head on over to 7-Imp to read Seven Questions over Breakfast with Douglas Florian.

7 comments:

Jill Corcoran said...

Douglas Florian's poetry coupled with his art is magnetic. I never do a classroom read aloud without one of Doug's books in my pile. Truly, one of my favorites!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jill,

I'm a big fan of Douglas Florian's poetry and paintings. I used to share his poetry books with my elementary students--and they loved them!

Charlotte said...

This is on my wish list even as I type! Douglas Florian is my favorite children's poet.

Boni Ashburn said...

I'm loving the give-away choices- excellent poetry with excellent illustrations- such a captivating combination! We checked Dinothesaurus out of the library and my son and I could read it every day for a year and not tire of it. Fascinating book.

Vivian said...

I just read his interview over at 7-Imp and loved how he approached his work. Great illustrations!

Marianne H. Nielsen said...

I love to read his poems out loud even if it's at times to the air in the room :>) I'm going over to check out his interview.

xiaononming said...

Oh! What a great post! Thanks for ur hard job ist, i'd like to introduce my UGG Boots for u, I'm the new one selling the Cheap UGG Boots, please follow the link if you need UGGs, hope this wont trouble u much!