Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SEEDS: An Original Acrostic Poem



I'm sorry that I've missed posting a couple of days during National Poetry Month this year. Certain things have diverted my attention away from poetry and blogging--a family emergency, the death of the only brother of one of my oldest and dearest friends, problems with our heating system, and lots of cooking and baking for Easter.

I went looking through my poetry collections for a poem to post today. Here's an acrostic that I thought would be appropriate for a lovely April day.

Sewn into softened

Earth,

Eager to see the sun, they

Dig their roots deep,

Sprout up, up, up and blast off to the world above.

7 comments:

nora said...

i love your blog--i've been looking for a good site for children's poetry for years. i stumbled across yours while looking for poems with metaphors :)

jone said...

Love this. I ran across the ones students did last year during April. Really fun.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Nora,

So glad you like my blog. Hope you'll visit again.


Jone,

I didn't have time to write up a poetry post today...so I thought I'd post one of my acrostic poems.

MotherReader said...

The poem brings home that after an excess of rain, I too am eager to see the sun.

(On the plus side our lawn is so green it looks fake.)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Pam,

We've had lots of rain and cold temperatures this spring. We're finally getting a bit of sunshine and warmer weather in these parts. Still, we've got daffodils blooming in the yard.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles this week. Hope your spring is getting warmer and more pleasant! Yay for daffodils!

Anonymous said...

Oh! What a great post! Thanks for ur hard job ist, i'd like to introduce my UGG Boots for u, I'm the new one selling the Cheap UGG Boots, please follow the link if you need UGGs, hope this wont trouble u much!