Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Poem a Day #28

Today my poem is for Robin Brande--who most definitely has a terrific blog with some very interesting posts. One of my favorite “Brande’s” is Sometimes someone has to call you on your bull. Oh, yeh!


APRIL
by Elaine Magliaro

Days crackle with sunlight.
Tree buds burst tight jackets,
Stretch awake.
Jaunty daffodils announce
The return of spring.
Birds string themselves
Like beads along branches
Windows yawn open
And houses breathe deep
The warm green air.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about Robin Brande and her blog (which seems quite popular) until I read your post this morning. Her "call you on your bull" post touched a nerve with me, too, especially this line: "my office is a sty, my to-do list is never to-done, I wake up so early every morning but the days still aren’t long enough to do everything I’m supposed to do." OUCH! So true!

I know you have lots of list poems, right? I don't remember: do you have a poem about a list of things undone? That could be a funny one...

Robin Brande said...

I love this poem, and Elaine, you are the sweetest person in the world for dedicating to me! I don't know what to say!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Janet,

I don't think I do have a list poem about things I haven't done. It would be too long and depressing to write. I'd rather write poetry and blog than mop under the beds and polish furniture and wash the kitchen floor...and clean out my "avalanche" closets. Better to ignore such things--me thinks!


Robin,

I'm glad you like the poem. I have just two more poems to post for April...and then I can focus on other things at Wild Rose Reader.