Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Poems in Yareah Magazine



Here’s an interesting story—at least from my perspective: A few weeks ago I received an email from Isabel del Rio, the arts editor of a new bilingual (Spanish/English) magazine called Yareah. She wrote to to tell me that she had been reading poems that I had written and posted at Wild Rose Reader Reader—and that she wanted to publish three of them in Yareah’s April 2009 issue. Her email came as a big surprise to me! I thought about Isabel's request for a couple of days. Then I gave her permission to publish my poems in her magazine.


The April issue of Yareah was published online yesterday. You can actually read the entire issue of the magazine at Yareah’s website. Here’s a link to the main page: Yareah Magazine.


And here’s a link to the page with my three poemsSpace Man, Winter Ballet, and Fairy for Hire.


NOTE: You can leave comments on the page with my poems at the Yareah website. If you do leave a comment there this week, I will add your name to the list of those eligible to win a copy of Falling Down the Page: A Book of List Poems from Wild Rose Reader.


10 comments:

me said...

Really nice poems and nice magazine

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thank you, me!

Linda said...

Wow! Elaine, your poems are finally getting the recognition they deserve! I'm headed to the page to read your poems now. : )

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Linda! I was certainly surprised when I got that email a few weeks ago.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Congratulations! Those poems are wonderful.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Andi! I'd love to see all of your beautiful photographs and haiku compiled in a book some day.

Mary Lee said...

Congrats!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Mary Lee!

Tricia said...

I finally had a chance to hop on over and read these. Congratulations! I'm so happy others have found their way to your poems.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Tricia! I do think my children's poems seem to be a bit out of place at that magazine--but I'm not going to complain. I was thrilled that the editor wanted to publish them in Yareah.