Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Seven Days of Celebrating Poetry in the Kidlitosphere



I thought that I'd round up some of the posts celebrating National Poetry Month that have appeared in the Kidlitosphere during the first seven days of April. Enjoy!

The Miss Rumphius Effect Presents Interviews with Children’s Poets
Poetry Makers - Kenn Nesbitt
Poetry Makers - Rebecca Kai Dotlich
Poetry Makers - Avis Harley
Poetry Makers - Ann Whitford Paul
Poetry Makers - Joyce Carol Thomas
Poetry Makers - J. Patrick Lewis
Poetry Makers - Janet Wong
Poetry Makers - Joseph Bruchac

GottaBook Presents Previously Unpublished Poems by Children’s Poets
Jack Prelutsky - A Little Poem For Poetry Month
Rebecca Kai Dotlich - Midnight Stray
Charles Ghigna - A Poem Is...
X. J. Kennedy - Ladder to the Moon
Ann Whitford Paul - Owl
Jaime Adoff - Rock n Roll Dad
Marilyn Singer - In the Museum

Poetry for Children Presents Children’s Poetry Book Reviews
TLA poet Georgia Heard: Falling Down
TLA poet Betsy Franco: Curious Cats
TLA poet Tracie Vaughn Zimmer: Steady Hands
TLA poet J. Patrick Lewis: The Underwear Salesman
TLA poet Hope Anita Smith: Mother
Opening Day for Baseball: Rules of the Game
More baseball: Change-up

Jama Rattigan’s Alphabet Soup Presents a Memorable Post about Wordsworth
a cool birthday, and those famous daffodils

7-Imp Presents a Special Sunday Kicks Post to Welcome National Poetry Month
7-Imp’s 7 Kicks #109: Featuring a Small Crowd to Help Us Welcome National Poetry Month

Liz in Ink Presents A Haiku-a-Day
National Poetry Month -- Haiku 1
National Poetry Month -- Haiku 2
Poetry Friday -- Haiku 3
National Poetry Month -- Haiku 4
National Poetry Month -- Haiku 5
National Poetry Month -- Haiku 6
National Poetry Month -- Haiku 7

Pencil Talk Presents Poems by Children & One by Anastasia Suen
Pencil Talk
Cinquain Poem
School
Scissors
Basketball
Class Clowns
School

A Wrung Sponge Presents Haiku and Photographs
Let the Poetry Begin!
Haiku from the porch swing
Daffodil Haiku
Rainy morning haiku
April Weather Haiku
Lilac Bud Watch

Wild Rose Reader Presents a Potpourri of Poetry Posts
Acrostic Poems for Spring
My Poems in Yareah Magazine
Poetry Friday: Mask Poems
A Rocket Poem Three Ways
A Birthday Poem
Opposite Poems
A Personal Tale about Poetry & A Poem



7 comments:

Tricia said...

You are so good! And you said you didn't have time this month. This roundup sure took time. Thanks for doing this. I'm so caught up in my own posts that I've missed some of these other gems.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Tricia,

I'm way behind with some of my major plans for National Poetry Month! I just felt I couldn't keep track of all the great poetry posts and wanted to compile them in a post so it would be easy for me to go back and read them all at my leisure.

Julie said...

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this, Elaine. I'm sharing it with all my Writing for Children students at Vermont College of Fine Arts.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Julie, I thinks it's great that so many bloggers in the kidlitosphere are really getting into the celebration of poetry during the month of April. I'm glad you'll be sharing this list of links.

Anastasia Suen said...

Thank for the links, Elaine!

Elaine Magliaro said...

You're welcome, Anastasia.

Anonymous said...

Oh! What a great post! Thanks for ur hard job ist, i'd like to introduce my UGG Boots for u, I'm the new one selling the Cheap UGG Boots, please follow the link if you need UGGs, hope this wont trouble u much!