Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Poem a Day #17

Today I have an acrostic poem for Michele at Scholar’s Blog. Since Michele, who lives across the Atlantic in the mother country, is the anointed Queen of Fantasy, I thought this poem about a unicorn was most appropriate. Michele is also the author of the Scholar’s Blog Spoiler Zone, which is where she posts books reviews and hosts some interesting book discussion groups. Her personal physician is the famous Doctor Who!


UNICORN
by Elaine Magliaro

Unreal animal,
No one has ever seen you except
In the land of make-believe
Cavorting with maidens
Over flower-strewn fields and
Romping through woodlands in a world of
Never-ending days.



Cheerio, Michele!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Wow Elaine !! No one has ever written a poem for me before... Thank you so much ! And what fun - an acrostic on unicorns...

Elaine Magliaro said...

Michele,

No one has ever written a poem for me! I guess I'll have to write one and dedicate it to myself this month. I hope I make it through April. Let's see...I've got thirteen more poems to go. Crikey!May will seem like a blogging cakewalk.

Michele said...

I'm afraid I've only ever succeeded in writing bad poetry, or I'd surprise you with one !!

Hope you make it to May !!