Friday, April 20, 2007

I Am Looking for a Poem About...#1

Well, I said I’d let you ask me to find poems for you—so here goes! Today and tomorrow you can ask me to look for a children’s poem for you on a specific topic/subject. I will do my best to fulfill your requests. As I stated in an earlier post, I will provide requesters with the titles of poems and titles of books in which the poems can be found. I may have more than one poem suggestion for each requester.

I will do my best to post my poetry suggestions by late Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Please be reasonable with your poem requests.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fun! Here's my request: Your very, very favorite poem that is about gratitude (in some way) . . . children's or adult! My friend and I are working on an anthology on this very subject, and you don't have to send me anything, but I'm curious what your favorite is.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jules,

A poem came to mind right off the bat...but you'll just have to wait to find out what it is. I plan to provide all my poem suggestions in one post. I hope you like the poem I picked for you!

Grace Lin said...

Here's one for you...
About ten years ago, I was doing "the rounds" in NYC and they were having something called "Poetry in Motion" on the subway--poems of different authors posted everywhere. On my way to one of my publishers I read a poem that I especially like but can't seem to locate it since. It was written from a child's perspective, about what she wanted to be when she grew up. She wanted to be a flower or the sky...something along those lines.

Vague enough for you?

Vivian Mahoney said...

Love this. How about a poem that would comfort a child when they are just plain down with their friends. Not a flowery poem. But one that will give them spunk and zeal.

Saints and Spinners said...

Is it too late to request a poem? I'd like a poem you'd want to hear set to music, please.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Alkelda,

I'll try to post an answer to your request in the next day or two. I'll put on my dancin' shoes before I go lookin'.

Mary Lee said...

Has this offer expired? If not, I would love a couple of poems (or poetry books -- children's or adults') for my mother's 80th birthday in June.

Thanks for any ideas you have!

Mary Lee