Monday, April 23, 2007

A Poem a Day #23

My poem on this 23rd day of April in the year 2007 is for Betsy at A Fuse #8 Production. Betsy is celebrating a special date in history. Yep…29 years ago this bouncing baby book lover was born. It seemed most appropriate to dedicate a poem to her on this momentous occasion. (The “you” I’m addressing in the poem is Betsy herself.) Happy Birthday, Betsy!!!

CRINKLE, CRINKLE, MY OLD FACE
by Elaine Magliaro

Crinkle, crinkle, my old face…
It’s got wrinkles every place.
It’s got crow’s-feet; it’s got creases.
The aging process never ceases.

Saggy, baggy, flaccid skin...
I’ve got a droopy double chin.
I need a facelift--botox, too.
Then I’ll look as young as you!

2 comments:

fusenumber8 said...

Ha ha! Fabulous poem. I've started the process by locating grey hairs hidden beneath my otherwise chocolate locks. There's nothing odder than stepping out of the shower to find a hair grey from tip to tail that stands at about a foot. Remarkable.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Fuse,

It's when the eyebrows start to go gray that you know there's no turning back! I'm just thankful I didn't grow a mustache after menopause.