Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? #1

The PAS North Shore Council of IRA will hold its 2007 spring dinner meeting on May 23rd at the Corinthian Yacht Club in Marblehead, Massachusetts. The yacht club has one of the most glorious views of any place in the United States! I am getting excited because our featured speaker is one of my favorite children’s poets. I met this award-winning author at In Celebration of Children’s Literature at the University of Southern Maine in 2005. This writer is a recipient of the NCTE Award for Excellence in Poetry for Children. She is also a winner of a National Book Award. Her first collection of poems was published fifty years ago! Her energy and exuberance belie her age.

Can you guess who’s coming to our council dinner?

The first person to name our featured speaker and to also give the title of her first published book is invited be my guest at the Corinthian Yacht Club on May 23rd!

NOTE: Individuals who are members of the PAS North Shore Council or who are on our council mailing list are disqualified because they already know the name of our guest speaker.


Spring Dinner Meeting of the PAS North Shore Council
Date: May 23, 2007
Time: Five O’clock
Place: Corinthian Yacht Club in Marblehead, Massachusetts
Dinner fee for non-members: $52
Dinner choices: Chicken Florentine or Seafood Stuffed Sole with Newburg Sauce
Guest speaker: Can you guess?
Deadline for registration is May 11th. For further information, email me.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, Elaine, if I weren't going to be in China I just might head north for this one. I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone else, but can I still guess? Is it K.K.? I just love her work and am enjoying the book of poems you sent me.

Do please be sure to write all about it. I will want be there vicariously.
Regards,
Tricia

Elaine Magliaro said...

Tricia,

You guessed incorrectly! I'll be sure to write about the council dinner and speaker. I just hope we have better weather than we did two years ago when Grace Lin was our speaker at the Corinthian. We had a wild wind and rainstorm. It was a tough drive home. There were lots of downed tree limbs and electrical lines on the roads.

Anonymous said...

OK - Elaine - My guess would be Mary Ann Hoberman. How did I do?

Carolyn