Sunday, April 15, 2018

Wild Rose Reader Looks Back: A Belated 80th Birthday Post for Lee Bennett Hopkins.


I had hoped to put together a special 80th birthday post for Lee Bennett Hopkins before I left for  Hattiesburg, Mississippi--but I got sick with a respiratory infection Easter weekend. I was keeping my fingers crossed that I'd get better by April 10th so I could accept my Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Honor Award at the Fay B. Kaigler Children's Literature Festival. Fortunately, I was fine by the day of my departure--but I never got around to whipping up a birthday post for Lee.

I decided today to post links to some of my previous blogs about Lee and his poetry books. I thought some of you might like to read them.



Here they are--in chronological order:

Party for a Poetry Man (2009)









Poetry for Little Ones: "Lullaby & Kisses Sweet" (2015)


HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DEAR ONE!!!
 
 
***************
 
REMINDER: I am giving away signed copies of my book THINGS TO DO during National Poetry Month. I will collect the names of people who have commented on my blog posts each week in April and put them in a bag. Next Sunday, I will draw a name from the bag of someone who commented on a post that I published during the week of April 8-14.
Drawing dates: April 22, 29, 30.
 

 
 

No comments: