Monday, April 2, 2018

Things to Do If You Are an Alarm Clock: An Original List Poem


Here is one of the poems that I had to cut from the manuscript of my book THINGS TO DO.

THINGS TO DO IF YOU ARE AN ALARM CLOCK

Don’t YELL at me!

Don’t DING-A-LING-LING

with a harsh metal voice

that makes my ears ring!

Don’t jolt me from my sleep

and start my day off wrong.
 
Sing me awake

with a soft morning song.

***************
 
I'm posting late today. I woke up with a bad cold that knocked me for a loop. I made it through a long, snowy winter. Now that it's spring, I get sick. So frustrating!!!
 
***************
 
REMINDER: I'm giving away signed copies of my book THINGS TO DO! I'll collect the names of people who have commented on my posts during each week in April. The following day, I'll draw a name from a bag. That person will be the winner. If you comment on two posts, your name will be entered in the drawing twice, etc.
Drawing dates: April 8, 15, 22, 29--and May 1
 


2 comments:

JoAnn Early Macken said...

I woke up late today, too--I guess I need an alarm clock! (I do have a dog who yawns very loudly.) Hope you're feeling better soon!

Elaine Magliaro said...

JoAnn,

I hope I feel better soon too! I'm leaving for Hattiesburg, Mississippi, next Tuesday.