Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Princess Speaks to the Frog Prince in Condescending Language: An Original Fairy Tale Poem


Sorry that I'm posting so late today. At this time, my list of "things to do" has gotten very long.

Here's another poem from my unpublished poetry collection entitled Excerpts from the Fairy Tale Files. In the poem, an exasperated princess speaks to the "still a frog" prince while they're eating dinner.


The Princess Speaks to the Frog Prince in Condescending Language
by Elaine Magliaro

Amphibian, you’re slimy, green…
The most repulsive thing I’ve seen.

Oh, woe is me! Is this my fate—
To have you hop around my plate…
The golden plate I got from Papa?
You’re leaving footprints in my supper!
And while the minstrel sings a ballad,
You flop your webbed feet through my salad.
I know you fetched my golden ball,
But you should follow protocol
And dine out in the kitchen where
The servants do. You’ll fit in there.
You’re sooooo disgusting, little frog.
I think I’ll feed YOU to my dog.

2 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

Cute Poem!!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Love it! The poem is so realistic and yet humorous. I hope one day to see your collection "Excerpts from the Fairy Tale Files" published.