Monday, April 26, 2010

MUD: An Original Acrostic for Spring

I'm posting a little late again today. I have lots of things on my list of things to do lately!

Here is another apoem from my unpublished collection Spring into Words: A Season in Acrsotics:
**********
Messy, mushy, mucky
Ucky, oozy, wonderful, wet
Dark chocolate dirt perfect for pie making
**********

Here's a picture of my daughter's Yellow Lab Jack. Jack LOVES mud!!!

Jack says:

Rolling in mud is the bestest fun there is!

I don't know about you--but I LOVED making mud pies when I was little.

2 comments:

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Your poem brings back such good memories, Elaine. My sister & I were mud pie makers from early on. The only time my grandma spanked me was when my sister & I smeared mud on ourselves everywhere we didn't have clothes. We were only wearing shorts and tank tops. I don't think I was older than 5 or 6 at the time.

Janet Wong said...

A perfect picture! That poem was MADE for JACK!