Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big Bad Wolf at the Beauty Shop: An Original Poem

I haven’t posted one of my poems about fairy tale characters in some time. In the following poem, the Big Bad Wolf doesn’t seem so intimidating. He’s sitting back in a barber chair and talking to his hairdresser/beautician—giving orders about what he wants done. There’s nothing like a good hairstyle and "pawicure" to make a wolf feel like he’s a real hunter ready to prey on little pigs and a wee lass who’s bringing goodies to her Grammy.


Big Bad Wolf at the Beauty Shop
by Elaine Magliaro


Snip the burrs from my back paws.

Sharpen all my blunted claws.

Shape my tail and tint the tip.

Trim my fur…but please don’t clip

The long hairs on my chinny chin.

They make me look SO masculine!

4 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

Ha! That's cute.

Anonymous said...

"the long hairs on my chinny-chin" made me think that Brad Pitt ought to be playing the part of the wolf.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

What a fun poem! You pack quite a punch with those few lines. The wolf has always been one of my favorite fairy tale characters.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Such fun. My toddler son loves going to get his hair cut so I don't think I'll let him know about the beauty shop wolf.