Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What Books Am I Reading?

Camille at Book Moot tagged me with a book meme: What books are you reading?


CHILDREN’S FICTION

I just began reading an ARC of Grace Lin’s second novel THE YEAR OF THE RAT, which is the sequel to her wonderful first novel for middle readers THE YEAR OF THE DOG.


PICTURE BOOKS
I picked up a batch of picture books the other day that I just read this morning.

WITH YOU ALWAYS, LITTLE MONDAY, which was written and illustrated by Genevieve Cote; WHAT A TREASURE!, by Jane and Will Hillenbrand; I’D REALLY LIKE TO EAT A CHILD, which was written by Sylviane Donnio and illustrated by Dorothee de Montfreid; MAMA’S SARIS, which was written by Pooja Makhijani and illustrated by Elena Gomez; and THAT RABBIT BELONGS TO EMILY BROWN, which was written by Cression Cowell and illustrated by Neal Layton.


CHILDREN”S POETRY BOOKS

I am reading HEY, YOU! POEMS TO SKYSCRAPERS, MOSQUITOES, AND OTHER FUN THINGS—with poems selected by Paul B. Janeczko and illustrations by Robert Rayevsky.


ADULT NONFICTION

My husband recently brought home two books for me that I have wanted to read: THE WILD TREES: A STORY OF PASSION AND DARING by Richard Preston and BLACKWATER: THE RISE OF THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL MERCENARY ARMY. I can't decide which one to read first.

Another nonfiction book I really want to read is THE RIVER WHERE AMERICA BEGAN: A JOURNEY ALONG THE JAMES by Bob Deans.


I tag Grace Lin of Pacyforest and Blue Rose Girls, Robin of A Fondness for Reading, Vivian of HipWriterMama, Kelly of Big A, little a, and Mary Lee and Franki of A Year of Reading.
(I would have tagged Tricia at The Miss Rumphius Effect--but she's too busy getting ready for her big adventure!)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Ooh! A tag. Thanks, Elaine. I'll get to it sometime today :)

Grace Lin said...

oh no! Tagged! okay, I'll work on it...

Vivian Mahoney said...

Thanks for a fun meme! Here's my list:
http://hipwritermama.blogspot.com/2007/05/book-meme-what-books-am-i-reading.html

Anonymous said...

I wasn't tagged but I had a list going before I knew ther was a list in a way.
this post describes what I am reading:http://maclibrary.edublogs.org/2007/05/08/tuesday-tidbits-week-of-may-7-2007/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, Elaine. Here's my meme list:
http://fondnessforreading.blogspot.com/2007/05/book-meme-what-im-reading.html

Mary Lee said...

I'm way behind in my blog reading, let alone my BOOK reading! But I'll put up a list of what's on my piles...that counts, doesn't it? Only 18 more days of school!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Kelly, Grace, Vivian, Robin--

Thanks for responding to my meme tag at your blogs.


Jone,

Thanks for the link to your post.


Mary Lee,

I have a pile of nonfiction books I've been wanting to read...but life intervenes on my best reading intentions sometimes. I just finished correcting projects and computing final grades for the students in my children's literature course. Enjoy your last few weeks of teaching and have a great summer vacation!

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

Suppose you read The Wild Trees already.

If you found it interesting, this page I assembled might be practical...

Atlas Grove and Grove of Titans

Considering the book had no photos of those California redwood forest tree titans like Lost Monarch, Iluvatar or Adventure Tree.

Cheers,

MDV