Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Now It's Just Prose...I Suppose?!

Just one more little ditty for you before I enroll in Poets Anonymous and enter rhyming rehab.

THE MORNING AFTER
by Elaine Magliaro

April's now the past.
Yesterday my last
Poem-of-the-Day
Was posted here.

What was there to do?
Poetry Month was through.
I sent away my muse
Until next year.

May is not the time
To write in stanzas, rhyme.
I will not versify
But shall compose

All my blog reviews,
And kiddie littie news,
My author interviews
In mundane prose!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Funny. When I told my husband I wrote 30 poems in 30 day, he said I sounded like I wss in a recovery porogram.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jone,

It's funny. I was unsure I'd have a poem for every day of April. Sometimes, I'd work on my poetry in the wee hours of the morning hoping I'd have a poem polished enough to post. I published my last poem for National Poetry Month yesterday--and then felt a kind of void. I guess I had gotten used to writing on demand...so I wrote another poem for today. NOW I'll going into poetry withdrawal!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Great job Elaine! You did alot of work. What a treat for all of us! Thank you.

Robin Brande said...

You're so funny. Great job, Elaine!