Saturday, May 19, 2007

OUT & ABOUT: May 19, 2007

I am really going to be OUT today. I’ll be in Somerville, Massachusetts, at Grace Lin’s Bon Voyage Party. I’ll be celebrating Grace’s birthday and the launch of her new book, Lissy’s Friends, with the other Blue Rose Girls, friends of Grace and Robert, and bloggers from the Boston area. Grace will be leaving tomorrow for San Antonio! You can read all about it here at Grace's personal blog Pacyforest.

Get “in the swing” with the Poetry Friday Roundup this week at Big A, little a.

In the “Say it ain’t so” or “too weird to be true” category—Kelly Herold has a post about a book entitled Latawnya, The Naughty Horse Learns to Say “No” to Drugs. Do check it out!

At The Miss Rumphius Effect, Tricia keeps updating her blog journal to keep us apprised of her experiences in the Far East.

At Mitali’s Fire Escape, Mitali has a great overview of the Paper Tigers May/June issue for Asian/Pacific Heritage Month.

At 7-Imp, Jules has gone hogwild with her Picture Book Round-ups! Click here for Part One…here for Part Two…here for Part Three…here for Part Four…and here for Part I’m-Gonna-Stop-Counting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shucks, thanks for the link!

Hope you got to see Eisha today; I know she had a blast at the party!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jules,

You've had a lot of picture book reviews recently at 7-Imp. I haven't written one in ages.

Yes, I got a chance to meet and chat with Eisha today...and so glad I did because she'll be moving away soon.

Vivian Mahoney said...

Elaine,
I saw you at the party and you looked magnificent! My 3 girls were with me and got myself a small case of introduction fright. Hopefully I'll meet you another time.

Vivian

Elaine Magliaro said...

Vivian,

I was so hoping to meet you yesterday. You need not be shy around me. I hope your daughter is feeling better today. Allergy season is not a happy time for many people.