Wednesday, April 17, 2019

NPM: An Original Cricket Acrostic: Post #13


Years ago, I began work on a collection of acrostic poems titled What's in a Word. I never submitted the manuscript to a publisher. Fortunately, Kenn Nesbitt selected one of the poems from the collection for his anthology One Minute till Bedtime: 60-Second Poems to Send You Off to Sleep. The book was published by Little, Brown in 2016.

 
Here's CRICKETS--my acrostic that appears in Kenn's anthology:

 
Chirping in the dark, their song

Resonates

In the still air. A

Chorus of summer night strummers in concert with

Katydids

Entertaining warm evenings with

Their

Symphony of wings.

 **********

BOOK GIVEAWAY
 


I'll be giving away an autographed copy of A Suitcase of Seaweed & More by Janet Wong. It's not only an excellent poetry book--it's also an excellent classroom writing resource, which could inspire students to write poems about their own life experiences.
 
To be entered into the drawing for the book, all you have to do is to comment on any of my Wild Rose Reader posts that I publish from April 14th through April 20th. I'll announce the winner on Sunday, April 21st.

 

No comments: