Friday, April 12, 2013

A Spring Poem...Two Ways

 
I’ve been so busy lately with old home/new home situation that I have found little time to write poetry. In fact, I lack poetic inspiration these days because my mind has been preoccupied with other things—including a death in the family this week. That’s why I dug through my poetry files this morning to find a poem to post. Here’s an old acrostic of mine that I selected for this Poetry Friday.

 
Melting snow, mellower days,
A brighter sun with warming rays,
Robins
Chirping. Beat the drum.
Hallelujah! Spring has come!


I know I'm a month late for posting a poem about the month of March...so I'll change it from an acrostic about March to a quatrain about Spring!


Melting snow, mellower days,
A brighter sun with warming rays,
Robins chirping. Beat the drum.
Hallelujah! Spring has come!

********************

Book Giveaway Reminder
My poetry book giveaway for the second week of National Poetry Month (April 7-13) will be Spot the Plot: A Riddle Book of Book Riddles—which was written by J. Patrick Lewis and illustrated by Lynn Munsinger. (NOTE: I’ll announce the winner of Spot the Plot on Sunday, April 14th.)

 


********************
 
 
Diane has the Poetry Friday Roundup at Random Noodling.

 

 

5 comments:

Bridget R. Wilson said...

I've been lacking inspiration, too, Elaine. I'm doing well with my goal to read at least one poem every day. The writing a poem a day isn't working. I'm hoping to get inspired over the weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

I'm sorry to hear your sad news about your family member. The inspiration will return. I go through long periods where I think I'll never share anything I've written with anyone again, but eventually something always pulls me back and I start again. I'll be thinking of you!

Spot The Plot is such a fun book! My students really enjoy too.

Doraine said...

Elaine, I am so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself with all you have going on. I enjoyed your poem, in either format.

Charles Waters said...

I'm sorry for the death in your family Elaine. I love you could take an acrostic and make it a quatrain so easily, one melted right into the other!

Linda B said...

My sympathy for the loss in your family, Elaine. I love the way you made the changes, but either one is a good celebration of spring. Take care of yourself.