Tuesday, August 7, 2007

OUT & ABOUT: August 7, 2007

The Summer Issue of The Edge of the Forest is here with a profile of Peter Reynolds, interviews with author Linda Buckley-Archer and blogging writers Greg Fishbone and Kim Winters, and a report from MotherReader on her 48 Hour Book Challenge.

Tricia at The Miss Rumphius Effect brings us the 5th Edition of Learning in the Great Outdoors.

Some of you may want to check out the July-August 2007 Bimonthly Showcase, Math and Science in Fact and Fiction, at the Children’s Book Council website.

Thanks to Roger Sutton for announcing a list of “starred school stories.” Find them at Monthly Special: Back to School at the Horn Book website.

Guess what Susan Thomsen of Chicken Spaghetti went and got herself? Some chickens…that’s what! Read all about it in her post Let There Be Chickens.

Got a favorite children’s book that you wish you had edited or written or illustrated? Stop by Blue Rose Girls and tell Alvina Ling. She’d like to know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, thanks for the shout-out. We are loving our new pets. Junior has become a Chicken Whisperer.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that last one is neat. I'll have to think on it.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Susan,

I'm looking through my library collection for some good "chicken" books for you.


Jules,

There are so many children's books I wish I had written! I don't know if I could winnow my list down to one or two titles.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the mention of the Forest, Elaine!

Your last comment to Jules is SOOO true. I saw that post and thought, hmmm...I could never come up with just one!