Monday, August 13, 2007

Book Lists: School Stories

Here are links to websites with lists of recommended school stories.


New York Public Library: Back to School

The Horn Book Monthly Special: Back to School

Bank Street College of Education: Back to School Books

KidsReads: Back to School Books

Children’s Literature: The Back to School Jitters

Monroe County Public Library (Indiana): Starting School Stories

Allen County Public Library (Indiana): School Booklist

Boston Public Library: Countdown to Kindergarten

Carol Hurst’s Children’s Literature Site: Kids’ Books Set in Schools



2 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks for doing this! I was planning to make such a list but haven't gotten myself organized enough to do it. You've done a great job! I want to study these sites more closely because so far I haven't been inspired by anything listed. I need good new reads for K - 2 library classes in the first couple weeks. I wonder what everyone else is excited about this fall...

Elaine Magliaro said...

Cloudscome,

When I was working as an elementary librarian, teachers often requested back-to-school or school related stories to read aloud at the beginning of the year. I was always on the lookout for such books to add to the collection.

When I was teaching, "Ramona the Pest" was the first chapter book I read to my students every year. My kids loved hearing about Ramona's experiences in kindergarten.