Friday, February 10, 2017

ALL THE WONDERS Podcast Interview with Matthew Winner


Last week, Matthew Winner of All the Wonders interviewed me about THINGS TO DO. We talked about my book, the best ways to teach children how to write poetry, the importance of children going outside and observing the world around them, and the wonderful feeling of getting something out of my head and onto the page. We discussed Catia Chien's gorgeous illustrations for the book. In addition, I talked about Grace Lin and Janet Wong--two good friends who have always been there for me when I needed help and advice.


 
 
Over at Seven Impossible Things, Julie Danielson is highlighting three of Catia Chien's beautiful illustrations from my book THINGS TO DO.

Julie also wrote about THINGS TO DO being an excellent book to use in the classroom as a creative writing prompt over at Kirkus earlier this week..

**********
 
Katie has the Poetry Friday Roundup over at The Logonauts.
 

 





10 comments:

Linda said...

Elaine, I truly enjoyed the interview. Hearing your voice after all these years of reading your words, was so much fun. THINGS TO DO is a beautiful book in every way. It has been a long time coming, but well worth the wait. I am buying extra copies for each of my grandchildren. I know they'll love it as much as I do! Congratulations!

Kay said...

Congratulations! How exciting to share your book in so many ways.

Brenda at FriendlyFairyTales said...

Love that cover. I have to read it soon. Congrats to you!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, everyone! Last August, I received my advance copy of THINGS TO DO. I was so excited to finally hold the actual book in my hands...after more than five years of waiting!

Jane @ Raincity Librarian said...

How thrilling it must be to see your thoughts captured in such a beautiful book, and shared with the world! Congratulations!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Jane! It HAS been a thrill. My biggest hope is that young children will connect with my poetry.

Linda B said...

I'm glad I couldn't get to this until today when I had more time. It is a wonderful interview, and I loved hearing about your book again, and hearing your voice. I do love your book, and so do my grand-girls! Thanks and congratulations again!

Mary Lee said...

I am so so SO happy for you! All good things come in their own time, right! Your poetry made such a difference in your classroom, and now...the world!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Linda! I am so happy to hear that your "grand-girls" like my book. I was a bit nervous about doing the interview because I had never used SKYPE before--but Matthew put me at ease during a short discussion before he began the podcast interview.

Mary Lee, poetry did indeed make a difference in my classroom--as did other genres of children's literature. After writing poetry for more than 40 years, it feels wonderful to finally have a collection of it published.

Karen Edmisten said...

Elaine, congrats on your beautiful new book. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Absolutely love the illustrations, too.