Friday, May 3, 2013

PUDDLE MUDDLE: An Original Poem




I apologize for announcing the winner of PUDDLE WONDERFUL two days late. We're in the process of selling our house and things are moving along quickly at this point. I've been trying to get lots of things done. I've been packing up my children's books and poetry books and cookbooks and other books and taking them to my new house and organizing them in my new built-in bookcases. It seems like an endless task. I think I'm going to have to give more of my books away!

I'm happy to announce that Linda at Teacherdance is the winner of Puddle Wonderful: Poems to Welcome Spring. Congratulations, Linda! Email me your address and I'll send the book to you.


Note to the other book winners: I apologize for not getting your books in the mail yet. I hope to do that in the next week.

********************

Here's one of my puddle poems for this Poetry Friday:


PUDDLE MUDDLE

I’m in the middle of a puddle…

in the middle…

in a muddle.




The puddle’s much too deep.

It spilled

into my boots.

Now they’re filled

with muddy water

to the brim.

I hope my feet

know how to swim!

********************

Liz Steinglass has the Poetry Friday Roundup this week. 

 

5 comments:

Linda B said...

Wow, Elaine. I'm so glad I won your delicious book! And, sorry for your moving dilemma. I moved many, many books, but also sold some in my sale. There were quite a few I didn't need, & it was good to weed them out. I do admit that occasionally I find myself looking for one, then realize it's gone! Best wishes!

Bridget Magee said...

Your puddle poem is adorable. I love the idea of feet needing to know how to swim. Fun! Good luck with your move. =)

Mary Lee said...

LOVE this poem! Good luck with the house selling and moving -- this, too, shall pass!

Liz Steinglass said...

I love puddles and puddle poems. Yours feels as fun as puddle jumping. Good luck with selling your house and moving your books.

click here now said...

you have got a great blog. It is interesting to read it. Hope to see the next post soon.