Friday, June 1, 2012

JUNE: An Original Acrostic Poem



I feel as if I’ve fallen off the face of the kidlit blogging world. It’s difficult finding time to write book reviews and new poems to post at Wild Rose Reader when I’m away from home so much and so busy taking care of my granddaughter Julia—who will turn ten-months-old next week! 



Today, I thought I’d post an acrostic poem about June…as this is the first day of the month.

Just as spring grows weary, Mother Nature

Ushers in a brand

New season of sun and fun.

Everyone cheers for summer and the end of school.


P.S. Julia LOVES blackberries!
 ***************

The Poetry Friday Roundup is over at Carol’s Corner this week.

9 comments:

jama said...

Hee, love the sweet acrostic and cute blackberry girl :).

Happy June, Elaine!

Robyn Hood Black said...

Julia looks like she's thinking deep poetic thoughts in that first lovely pic - glad to see she has a wild side in the second one! ;0) Thanks for ushering in June with your cheery poem.

Linda B said...

Julia has the same adorable look since early, early. My granddaughter was 10 months on the 29th, so they are so close in age. Love those blackberries, & your poem Elaine. Summer is definitely here in CO!

Tara said...

Just enchanting...how wonderful that you are able to enjoy Julia's company so much, Elaine.

Mary Lee said...

We miss you, but how could we begrudge you your Julia time! It will pass so quickly -- ENJOY!!!

Carol said...

Lots of berry poems today-two about strawberries and now yours about blackberries. They make me hungry! And your yummy granddaughter makes me hungry for grand babies (ok, maybe not quite yet, but soon).

P.S. Jack says, "I'm kind of a rascal too! Besides dog parks, digging and playing fetch, my other favorite hobbies are counter surfing and garbage digging!"

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! It is such a great pleasure for me to be able to share so many wonderful moments with my granddaughter. Still, I miss my blogging friends.

Ruth said...

She's a beautiful baby! So glad it's June!

Liz Steinglass said...

Beautiful girl and a fun poem. Thanks for sharing.