Monday, March 1, 2010

A Wonderful Wedding Day!!!!!

Oh, what a wonderful day!!! Here are some of the pictures that I took at Grace Lin's wedding yesterday. Everything looked beautiful. The food was scrumptious. Everyone was so happy--especially the bride and groom!

The following pictures were taken "upstairs" at The Lyceum Restaurant in historic Salem, Massachusetts.
Some handmade paper cranes for decoration

Which one is a Blue Rose Girl?

Grace's handmade paper cuttings and delicious desserts

The groom made the cupcake display.

Grace painted the bride and groom at the top of the display.
Some of the lovely and delicious homemade cookies

Alvina says a few words.

Grace prepared a special cupcake for each person who came to the wedding.
Who's the happy cupcake couple below?
That's my husband and me.

I don't think Grace stopped smiling for a minute!


Alvina has more wedding pictures at Blue Rose Girls.



9 comments:

Libby Koponen said...

Yes. And the poem you and Janet Wong wrote together was beautiful. Please post a copy!

Thanks for being such a wonderful Blue Rose Girl.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Libby--

I was so happy that I could do something special for Grace. She is such an exceptional person and such a wonderful friend. And so talented!

It was great to have the Blue Rose Girls together again for such a happy occasion. Maybe I should post the poem for Poetry Friday.

Anonymous said...

Grace- You look gorgeous and the decorations are wonderful. I love the cupcakes with the little faces....so creative! Jerry and I are very happy for you.

Love-
Sara Magliaro

About Me said...

Grace...
Gong Xi Ni on your lovely wedding. I'm so happy for you!
Hugs,
Roseanne Thong

Grace Lin said...

Aww, thanks Elaine! And everyone else, too for your nice thoughts! We loved your poem and have it on our wall already!

jama said...

What a beautiful event! Thanks so much for sharing these pictures, Elaine. Looks like Grace's creativity really made the wedding extra memorable. Love the personalized cupcakes and wedding toppers. Brilliant!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Sara,

Looking forward to another grand wedding this summer!


Roseanne & Jama,

It was truly a MOST lovely wedding--and Grace's creativity did help to make it memorable.


Grace,

I felt honored when you asked if I'd do a poetry reading at your wedding. I'm glad Janet suggested that we write a poem together. Thanks for the words of inspiration from WHERE THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON.

laurasalas said...

Gorgeous--can't believe how talented Grace is! Thanks for all these pictures, Elaine. So fun to see how elegant and fun this was.

P.S. Yes, please post the poem! I want to read it:>)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Laura,

I'm planning to post the wedding poem that Janet Wong and I wrote for Grace and Alex at Blue Rose Girls on Poetry Friday.