Selected by Kathleen T. Horning, Merri V. Lindgren and Megan Schliesman with Tessa Michaelson
Note from the CCBC: CCBC Choices is the annual best-of-the-year list of the Cooperative Children’s Book Center. The complete CCBC Choices 2010 publication featuring books published in 2009 will include annotations and recommended ages for all of the books included, as well as an author/title/subject index, and a commentary on the publishing year. CCBC Choices 2010 will be available at the CCBC after March 6, 2010.
Click here to see the extensive list of 2010 CCBC Choices.
I was happy to see that my friend Grace Lin's book Where the Mountain Meets the Moon and Jarrett Krosoczka's "Lunch Lady" books made the list!
Some of the 2010 CCBC Choices:
Fiction for Children
- Lin, Grace. Where the Mountain Meets the Moon. Little, Brown, 2009.
- Krosoczka, Jarrett J. Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta. Alfred A. Knopf, 2009.
- Krosoczka, Jarrett J. Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute. Alfred A. Knopf, 2009.
- Krosoczka, Jarrett J. Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians. Alfred A. Knopf, 2009.
- Sidman, Joyce. Red Sings from Treetops: A Year in Colors. Illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski. Houghton Mifflin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2009.
- Argueta, Jorge. Sopa de frijoles: un poema para cocinar = Bean Soup: A Cooking Poem. Illustrated by Rafael Yockteng. Groundwood Books/Libros Tigrillo/House of Anansi Press, 2009.
- Florian, Douglas. Dinothesaurus: Prehistoric Poems and Paintings. Atheneum, 2009.
- Harley, Avis. African Acrostics: A Word in Edgewise. Photographs by Deborah Noyes. Candlewick Press, 2009.
- Hopkins, Lee Bennett, selector. Sky Magic. Illustrated by Mariusz Stawarski. Dutton, 2009.
- Hughes, Langston. My People. Photographs by Charles R. Smith Jr. Ginee Seo Books/Atheneum, 2009.
- Hughes, Langston. The Negro Speaks of Rivers. Illustrated by E. B. Lewis. Jump at the Sun Books / Disney, 2009.
- Janeczko, Paul B., selector. A Foot in the Mouth: Poems to Speak, Sing, and Shout. Illustrated by Chris Raschka. Candlewick Press, 2009.
- Rosen, Michael J. The Cuckoo’s Haiku and Other Birding Poems. Illustrated by Stan Fellows. Candlewick Press, 2009.
- Ruddell, Deborah. A Whiff of Pine, a Hint of Skunk: A Forest of Poems. Illustrated by Joan Rankin. Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2009.
- Shange, Ntozake. We Troubled the Waters. Illustrated by Rod Brown. Amistad/Collins/HarperCollins, 2009.
- Smith, Hope Anita. Mother Poems. Christy Ottaviano Books/Henry Holt, 2009.
- Soto, Gary. Partly Cloudy: Poems of Love and Longing. Harcourt/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2009.