Of all the weekly choices, more readers clicked on the following NCTE guidelines and position statements than any others:
- More Than a Number: Why Class Size Matters
- How to Help Your Child Become a Better Writer
- Tips for Parents from the National Council of Teachers of English: Helping Your Teenager to Write Better
- The NCTE Definition of 21st Century Literacies
- NCTE's Reading Commission Guideline On Reading, Learning to Read, and Effective Literacy Instruction
Best of the NCTE 2008 Inbox Blog
Effective writing assignments and strategies for teaching nonfiction along with the summer series of blogs on 21st century tools for the classroom were Traci Gardner's most read Inbox blogs this year.
- What Makes an Effective Assignment?
- Strategies for Teaching with Nonfiction
- Mind Mapping Graphic Organizers
- Google Lit Trips: Literary Maps Meet 21st Century Literacy Skills
- Wiki: Collaborative Authorship Made Easy
- Twitter: 140-Character Professional Development and Writing Tool