Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thinking Spring: Children's Books & Poetry for the Season

We've had a spell of lovely sunny weather here lately. It got me to thinking about spring. I thought I'd get a jump-start on the season with this post. It has links to lists of books and some of my original spring poems that I posted previously at Wild Rose Reader.


From Reading Rockets
Ten Books for Spring


From InfoSoup
Spring Books and Media


From The Miss Rumphius Effect
Seeds and Growing Things
Springing to Life




From Wild Rose Reader

Two Puddle Poems & Some Poetry for Spring
Acrostic Poems for Spring
Welcoming Spring...with Poetry
POETRY FRIDAY: Spring Is...

5 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

Spring always puts me in the mood for poetry. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Rebecca,

We've had a lovely touch of spring here. Unfortunately, in New England, just when we think spring is around the corner--winter rears its frosty head again.

Sherry said...

Since you're a poetry lover, I'd like to invite you and your readers to join in on my poetry survey. I am looking for a list of your 10 favorite classic poems. Read more about it here.

vx-veb160 said...

these are really good books for kids..i really believee that we should pay attention to what our kids are reading..
as we all know, the early development stage of the child is very crucial

Great Books for Children said...

I love reading kid's books that are focused around seasons or holidays. Reading about Spring is always hopeful and fun!