Friday, October 21, 2016

TRUMP: A Verse about the Worst EVER Presidential Nominee


I do try to remain apolitical on Wild Rose Reader--but I have had it with the Republican nominee for president. So, I wrote a little verse about him. I hope he doesn't sue me!




 TRUMP: A Verse about the Worst EVER Presidential Nominee

With roadkill for hair and a pumpkin-colored face,
Could Donald Trump WIN the Presidential race?
He’s braggart, a blowhard, a rich old buffoon
Who lives a sheltered life in his Trump Tower cocoon.
He’s a bigot…a racist…a misogynist—
And let’s also add “big fat liar” to the list!
Does a grabber…a groper…a tongue-down-the-throater
Really appeal to the American voter?

**********

Tricia has the Poetry Friday Roundup at The Miss Rumphius Effect.


10 comments:

Carol Varsalona said...

I want to laugh out loud with your Trump verse! Good for you in capturing the feeling of many. Are you interested in creating a digital inspiration (image poem) for my Autumnventure Gallery? Please refer to http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2016/10/invitation-to-autumnventure-gallery.html. I would love to have your voice showcased.

jama said...

Yes, it had to be said. Thanks for the laugh today, Elaine!

Tara said...

Funny...and horrifying that someone like this has come all the way to becoming the nominee of a major political party. Ugh!

Buffy Silverman said...

I think humor is the best way to survive this election season--your buffoon in his cocoon made me laugh. Thanks!

Jane @ www.raincitylibrarian.ca said...

Shudder...as a Canadian I have been watching to US elections with increased horror....a good reminder to try and find the humour in an overwhelming situation!

Brenda at FriendlyFairyTales said...

OMG, that's awesome! Love the pumpkin, too.

Tabatha said...

My favorite couplet:
"Does a grabber…a groper…a tongue-down-the-throater
Really appeal to the American voter?"
Hoping the answer is no!

Bridget Magee said...

Hee-hee! You nailed him on all of HIS issues. If only it weren't all true. Thanks for the laugh. =)

Diane Mayr said...

Brava, Elaine! You've captured him well!

Charles Waters said...

Excellent, Elaine! Couldn't agree more.