Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Snowing Again!: An Original Poem

Well, we had yet another big snowstorm here yesterday! There is NO place to put any more shoveled snow. Here’s the first draft of a “snow” poem that I was inspired to write this week.


It’s Snowing Again!

It’s snowing again.
It’s blowing again.
It’s snowing and blowing.
The traffic is slowing.
The drifts keep on growing and growing and growing.
It just keeps on snowing
and snowing and snowing.
I don’t think it’s
EVER
going
to end.




I'm doing the Poetry Friday Roundup at Wild Rose Reader this week.


NOTE: Click here for the link to my ROUNDUP post.

3 comments:

Jeannine Atkins said...

This poem made me smile. Which the snow has not. Last night for my husband's birthday we saw The Kings Speech with friends and went for dinner afterward. Thankfully we had a good movie to talk about, besides all the talk of driveways.

Amy L V said...

Me too! I like all of that "-owing" going on. And you know what? We have had no serious storms to speak of here near Buffalo, NY. Strange, but I'm living vicariously through you and your snowy poems. A.

Florence Minor said...

Your snow poems and photos are fantastic, and really express what all of us here in the northeast are feeling. But now I think I'm ready for some crocus or daffodil poems. How about you?