The Cybils 2009 Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers’ Literary Awards will be up and running tomorrow. Nominations will be open to the public from October 1-15. You may nominate books in nine different categories:
- Easy Readers/Short Chapter Books
- Fantasy/Science Fiction
- Fiction Picture Books
- Graphic Novels
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Non-Fiction (MG/YA)
- Non-Fiction Picture Books
- Young Adult Fiction
For More Information:
I’ll be serving as a second round judge on the Poetry Panel this year.
FYI: Some excellent children’s poetry books have been published in 2009. I have written reviews of nine of them. Here are links to the poetry book reviews I’ve posted to date this year at Wild Rose Reader:
- Red Sings from Treetops: A Book Review & An Invitation (4/17/09)
- Presenting Anna Alter & What Can You Do with an Old Red Shoe? (4/21/09)
- Poetry Friday: Animal Haiku (4/24/09) This post includes a brief review of Michael J. Rosen’s The Cuckoo’s Haiku.
- The Frogs and Toads All Sang: A Book of Poems by Arnold Lobel (6/05/09)
- Book Review: Sky Magic Compiled by Lee Bennett Hopkins (6/12/09)
- Poetry Book Review: Incredible Inventions Compiled by Lee Bennett Hopkins (6/19/09)
- Poetry about City Life (7/24/09) This post includes a review of Lee Bennett Hopkins’s City I Love.
- Countdown to Summer: A Poetry Book Review (8/28/09)
- Stampede!: Poems to Celebrate the Wild Side of School (9/04/09)
Stay Tuned: On Friday, I’ll be posting a review of a wonderful book of mask poems—Button Up!: Wrinkled Rhymes by Alice Schertle.