Friday, March 4, 2011

MARCH: Two Versions of an Original Acrostic Poem


I sometimes like to write rhyming acrostics. Here’s one I wrote about the month of March last week:

Melting snow, mellower days,
A brighter sun with warmer rays,
Robins
Chirping. Beat the drum.
Hallelujah! Spring has come!


Here's a slightly different version of the March acrostic that I wrote this morning:


Melting snow, mellower days,
A brighter sun with warmer rays,
Robins
Chirping. Let’s all cheer.
Hallelujah! Spring is here!


***************

At Blue Rose Girls, I have an acrostic poem titled Crocus.

Ben has the Poetry Friday Roundup at The Small Nouns.

7 comments:

jama said...

I like both acrostic poems. So uplifting!

Liz in Ink said...

I LOVE when people are willing to share different versions and drafts!!

Linda Ashman said...

Hallelujah is right! These are terrific, Elaine, as is your crocus poem. Thanks for the taste of spring. And, even more, thanks for the wonderful poems and excellent resources for "mask" poems, which were really helpful for a workshop I'll be doing next week. Hope you're well!

Mary Lee said...

A rhyming acrostic is a new challenge for me! I'll have to try that in April!

Amy L V said...

The joy in these matches the feeling in my heart with all of these new birds returning. Hallelujah indeed! A.

Unknown said...

Love 'Chirping. Beat the drum.' It sounds like beats of a drum, very rhythmic.

laurasalas said...

Love these, Elaine! I adore rhyming acrostics--such a difficult puzzle sometimes, but so fabulous when they work!