Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Up, Up, and Away!

I'm back! I haven't been blogging for a week--and with good reason. My husband and I flew out to New Mexico last week for a relative's wedding. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya, a beautiful resort in the Santa Ana Pueblo not far from Albuquerque. My husband and I and most of the guests who stayed at the resort fell in love with the place--and New Mexico. Many of us are hoping to return for another vacation.

On Friday morning, my husband and I went for a hot air balloon ride. It was only our second time taking a high altitude adventure in a basket. What a blast!

Here are two pictures of the Hyatt Regency Tamaya:



Here are some scenes from our hot air balloon ride:
Getting the Balloon Ready
That's me, in the middle, and my husband.
Scenes of the Rio Grande and the World Below Us



New Mexico rocks!!!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you've had such a great trip, Elaine! You're so brave. I am NEVER going up in a balloon :)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Kelly,

I have a terrible fear of heights--but going ballooning doesn't bother me. (And I'm a real chicken.) Some people believe it's the motion of the balloon that keeps people from feeling afraid. I highly recommend hot air ballooning. It's really tranquil and quiet when you're up in the air. I bet you'd love it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Elaine! Sounds like a wonderful vacation...well-deserved. Love your photos.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Laura,

It was fun to be in New Mexico with family and friends. The wedding was a blast! We all had a great time and hope to return. My husband and I have lots of wonderful pictures...and memories.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I have always wanted to take a balloon ride. Your photos are so beautiful! I'm glad you had such a great time.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Cloudscome,

I got lots more pictures--and so did my husband! We had a wonderful time--and hope to return to New Mexico to see the sights that we missed in our short stay there.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Woohoo! I've always wanted to take a balloon ride like that. You and your husband look so happy in that pic!

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Woohoo! I've always wanted to take a balloon ride like that. You and your husband look so happy in that pic!